This is a new dedicated iOS 12 jailbreak tool released by the Electra team. It works on A12 devices.
Chimera Jailbreak released for OS 12 & higher Jailbreak. It is compatible iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 running all device models including iPhone XS, XR, XS Max. Chimera iOS 12 Jailbreak is released by the Coolstar and the Electra team.
Chimera Jailbreak iOS 12.4 now available to download for A8 to A11 devices.
One of the major differences of Chimera jailbreak and Unc0ver jailbreak is that Chimera supports Substitute, an alternative to Cydia Substrate, to run jailbreak tweaks.
It comes bundled with Sileo, an alternative to Cydia, an app store for jailbreak tweaks.
iOS Versions Supported
It supports iOS 12 all the way up to iOS 12.2. The Electra team released an update to add support for iOS 12.3, however, it only supports some beta versions.
It does not support iOS 12.3 public release, iOS 12.3.1 or iOS 12.3.2.
List of iOS Devices Supported
It is compatible with all iOS 12 compatible devices and also including A12 devices:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
How to jailbreak with Chimera
How to jailbreak with Chimera
Chimera can jailbreak iOS 12.0-12.1.2 devices, and so a supported device list is not necessary. If your handset is running one of these firmware versions, then you are good to go.
When you’re ready, simply follow the steps below:
1) Download the most recent version of Chimera from the official Chimera website.
2) Download Cydia Impactor on your computer and launch it.
3) Connect iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer with a Lightning or USB-C cable (depending on the device).
Note: Cydia Impactor should recognize your device after you plug it in.
If it does not, then “Trust” your computer from your computer via the pop-up on your device, and vice-versa. You may need to launch iTunes to do the latter.
4) Click and drag the Chimera.IPA file you downloaded into the Cydia Impactor window like so:
5) Enter a valid Apple ID when prompted to:
6) Sign in with your Apple ID password when prompted to:
7) Cydia Impactor will now begin side-loading the Chimera jailbreak app to your iOS device:
8) Once installed, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management and tap on your Apple ID:
9) Next, Tap on the blue Trust button, and then tap on the red Trust button inside the popup that appears:
Note: Before proceeding to the next step, enable Airplane Mode, disable your passcode/Touch ID/Face ID, disable Siri, and reboot your device. Taking these additional steps isn’t mandatory, but has been known to increase jailbreaking success rates in the past.
10) After following the recommended steps above, tap on the Chimera app on your device’s Home screen:
11) Next, tap on the round Jailbreak button in the Chimera app:
Note: the tool will begin jailbreaking your device; it should respring afterward.
12) Once finished, the Chimera jailbreak app will confirm that you’re jailbroken:
13) Sileo should now be displayed on your Home screen alongside the Chimera jailbreak app:
Note: If you don’t see Sileo after jailbreaking with Chimera, then reboot and re-launch the Chimera app and keep trying until it works.
That is all there is to it. You now have a jailbroken handset by way of Chimera.