This is a new dedicated iOS 12 jailbreak tool released by the Electra team. It works on A12 devices. Chimera Jailbreak released for iOS 12 & higher Jailbreak. It is compatible with iOS 12 — 12.4.9 running all device models including iPhone XS, XR, XS Max.
new chimera jailbreak/Odyssey Jailbreak download
iOS Versions Supported
Note: 12.1.3 – 12.4.9 only supported on A7 – A11 devices. all devices supported on 12.0 – 12.1.2
iOS 12.4.9, iOS 12.4.8, iOS 12.4.7, iOS 12.4.6, iOS 12.4.5, iOS 12.4.4, iOS 12.4.3, iOS 12.4.2, iOS 12.4, iOS 12.3.2, iOS 12.3.1, iOS 12.3, iOS 12.2, iOS 12.1.4, iOS 12.1.3, iOS 12.1.2, iOS 12.1.1, iOS 12.1, iOS 12.0.1, iOS 12
List of iOS Devices Supported
It is compatible with all iOS 12 compatible devices and also including A12 devices:
- iPhone XS, XS MAX & XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Pro (1st gen, 12.9”), iPad Pro (1st gen, 9.7”), iPad (5th gen), iPad Pro (2nd gen, 10.5”/12.9”), iPad (6th gen),iPad Pro (3rd, 11″/12.9″), iPad Air (3rd gen), iPad Mini (5th gen), iPad (7th gen), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPod 7th gen, iPod touch 6G
How to jailbreak with Chimera
Chimera can jailbreak iOS 12.0-12.4.9devices, If your handset is running one of these firmware versions, then you are good to go.
When you’re ready, simply follow the steps below:
1) Download the most recent version of Chimera from the official Chimera website.
2) Download Cydia Impactor on your computer and launch it.
3) Connect iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer with a Lightning or USB-C cable (depending on the device).
Note: Cydia Impactor should recognize your device after you plug it in.
If it does not, then “Trust” your computer from your computer via the pop-up on your device, and vice-versa. You may need to launch iTunes to do the latter.
4) Click and drag the Chimera.IPA file you downloaded into the Cydia Impactor window like so:
5) Enter a valid Apple ID when prompted to:
6) Sign in with your Apple ID password when prompted to:
7) Cydia Impactor will now begin side-loading the Chimera jailbreak app to your iOS device:
8) Once installed, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management and tap on your Apple ID:
9) Next, Tap on the blue Trust button, and then tap on the red Trust button inside the popup that appears:
Note: Before proceeding to the next step, enable Airplane Mode, disable your passcode/Touch ID/Face ID, disable Siri, and reboot your device. Taking these additional steps isn’t mandatory, but has been known to increase jailbreaking success rates in the past.
10) After following the recommended steps above, tap on the Chimera app on your device’s Home screen:
11) Next, tap on the round Jailbreak button in the Chimera app:
Note: the tool will begin jailbreaking your device; it should respring afterward.
12) Once finished, the Chimera jailbreak app will confirm that you’re jailbroken:
13) Sileo should now be displayed on your Home screen alongside the Chimera jailbreak app:
Note: If you don’t see Sileo after jailbreaking with Chimera, then reboot and re-launch the Chimera app and keep trying until it works.
That is all there is to it. You now have a jailbroken handset by way of Chimera.
Difference between Chimera jailbreak and unc0ver
One of the major differences between Chimera jailbreak and Unc0ver jailbreak is that Chimera supports Substitute, an alternative to Cydia Substrate, to run jailbreak tweaks. It comes bundled with Sileo, an alternative to Cydia, an app store for jailbreak tweaks.
Why is Chimera so special?
- Chimera supports all iOS devices including A12 devices. Uncover, Rootless iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 jailbreak tools didn’t support for iPhone 5S as well as partial support for A12 devices.
- Chimera is installed Sileo automatically after the Jailbreaking process. You cannot install Cydia from Chimera automatically. is the Jailbreak app manager for the latest iOS versions and latest device models such as A12 up to iOS 12.1.2. Currently, Cydia is not supported for A12 devices and there is no hint about Cydia A12 update from Saurik. Therefore Sileo is the only solution for A12 devices.
- Chimera Jailbreak does not affect any user files. Therefore Chimera is safer, and more speed than Uncover and Rootless Jailbreak. Also, It does waste your battery as the previous Jailbreaking methods.
- Chimera is Crash free Jailbreak. It’s fewer bugs when we compare with previous iOS 12 Jailbreak such as Uncover & Rootless.
- It’s 100% free forever
you may also like:
Jailbreak with Chimera
| Chimera 1.9.9|
|Install Chimera 1.3.8|
|Chimera TV 1.3.9|
Chimera jailbreak updates
Chimera Jailbreak iOS 12.4 now available to download for A8 to A11 devices.