Apple unveiled iOS 12, the next major iOS software update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch at WWDC 2018 in June, which includes several new features.
Some of the new iOS 12 features include improved performance, Memoji which allows users to quickly turn themselves into an Animoji with a variety of customization options as well, improvements to the Photos app, Siri Shortcuts which will give automation workflows to users and lots more.But despite the new iOS 12 features and improvements, there are still many reasons to jailbreak iOS 12 such as to install iFile, which gives access to the file system, tweaks like Message Customizer that lets you customize each aspect of the Messages app, ability to lock apps and folders using Touch ID.
Apple has also released 6 updates for iOS 12 so far for bug fixes and improvements.
Can You Jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.3.2?
They don’t support iOS 12.1.3, iOS 12.1.4, iOS 12.2, iOS 12.3, iOS 12.3.1, and iOS 12.3.1 currently as Apple has patched the exploits that were used by the jailbreak tools.
The good news is that iOS 12.4 beta has been jailbroken, so we hope that unc0ver or chimera will be updated to jailbreak iOS 12.4 when it is released to the public.
The Unc0ver jailbreak tool support all iOS 12 compatible devices except for A12 chip powered devices such as iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR. Support for the A12 devices should be added soon.
The Chimera jailbreak tool which released recently by the Electra team supports all iOS 12 compatible devices including iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and 2018 iPad Pro.
We recommend using unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 as it comes with Cydia which makes it a lot easier to install jailbreak tweaks.
How to Jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.3.2
You can Jailbreak your iPhone by Chimera jailbreak,unc0ver jailbreak, RootlessJ jailbreak
Following jailbreak tools work on iOS 12 firmware up to iOS 12.1.2 firmware.
This is a new dedicated iOS 12 jailbreak tool released by Electra team. It works on A12 devices.
New Chimera Jailbreak released for OS 12 & higher Jailbreak. It is compatible iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 running all device models including iPhone XS, XR, XS Max. Chimera iOS 12 Jailbreak is released by the Coolstar and the Electra team.
How to jailbreak with Chimera
How to jailbreak with Chimera
Chimera can jailbreak iOS 12.0-12.1.2 devices, and so a supported device list isn’t necessary.
If your handset is running one of these firmware versions, then you’re good to go.
When you’re ready, simply follow the steps below:
1) Download the most recent version of Chimera from the official Chimera website.
2) Download Cydia Impactor on your computer and launch it.
3) Connect iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer with a Lightning or USB-C cable (depending on the device).
Note: Cydia Impactor should recognize your device after you plug it in.
If it doesn’t, then “Trust” your computer from your computer via the pop-up on your device, and vice-versa. You may need to launch iTunes to do the latter.
4) Click and drag the Chimera.ipa file you downloaded into the Cydia Impactor window like so:
5) Enter a valid Apple ID when prompted to:
6) Sign in with your Apple ID password when prompted to:
7) Cydia Impactor will now begin side-loading the Chimera jailbreak app to your iOS device:
8) Once installed, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management and tap on your Apple ID:
9) Next, Tap on the blue Trust button, and then tap on the red Trust button inside the popup that appears:
Note: Before proceeding to the next step, enable Airplane Mode, disable your passcode/Touch ID/Face ID, disable Siri, and reboot your device. Taking these additional steps isn’t mandatory, but has been known to increase jailbreaking success rates in the past.
10) After following the recommended steps above, tap on the Chimera app on your device’s Home screen:
11) Next, tap on the round Jailbreak button in the Chimera app:
Note: the tool will begin jailbreaking your device; it should respring afterward.
12) Once finished, the Chimera jailbreak app will confirm that you’re jailbroken:
13) Sileo should now be displayed on your Home screen alongside the Chimera jailbreak app:
Note: If you don’t see Sileo after jailbreaking with Chimera, then reboot and re-launch the Chimera app and keep trying until it works.
That’s all there is to it. You now have a jailbroken handset by way of Chimera.
This tool was earlier supported only to iOS 11 firmware, but since then has been updated to support iOS 12.1.2 firmware. So those users who are running iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 can jailbreak using this too.
A brand new exploit has been discovered and released as a jailbreak for iOS 12. Called rootlessJB, it comes to us from developer Jake James. Find out more about RootlessJB .