Electra jailbreak developed by CoolStar ( twitter ) Team. Electra Jailbreak toolkit is a semi-untethered jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2
Electra 1141 has been released for iOS 11.4.1 / iOS 11.4 Jailbreak
It is a semi-untethered jailbreak that makes use of Ian Beer’s async_awake exploit that has been used by LiberiOS jailbreak as well. A semi-untethered jailbreak is similar to an untethered jailbreak, it gives the ability to reboot your iOS device on its own.
On each boot, the iOS device startup sequence is unmodified and it boots into its original, non-jailbroken state. However, instead of needing to use a tool from a computer to re-jailbreak the iOS device again, like a tethered or semi-tethered cases, the user can re-jailbreak their device with the help of an app running on the iOS device.
Changelogs and Previous versions of Electra jailbreak
Now ships with both Cydia and Sileo installed by default
Increase jailbreak success rate on A7 – A8 on 11.2+ and Update liboffsetfinder64 to latest version
No longer require plat formalization to control launched (requires tweaks switch enabled)
Replace jailbreak with jailbreakd2 (Next-gen fully-async jailbreak with prioritization and a faster queuing system)
jailbreakd2: Fix freezing in low memory conditions
jailbreakd2: Faster ldrestarts, resprings
jailbreakd2: XCode debugging success rate improved (click continue in the debugger on SIGCONT to proceed debugging)
Fix a bug in v1ntex that resulted in a kernel panic later in Step 2
Actually test on an A7 device on 11.4 (thanks PastRestore on discord)
Fix offset finder path issue for A7 & A8 devices on 11.4-11.4.1
If you need to Know More Changelogs and Previous versions of Electra jailbreak? Go Here
*Content Credit Goes to – coolstar.org
Important Information of Electra jailbreak
- On iOS 11.3-11.3.1, the device will reboot twice and Electra will need to be re-run after the first reboot
- An APFS snapshot is created of / so you may revert it at a later date if needed
- It is recommended to future restore if you have blobs before running Electra to ensure the best possible installation
- Cydia is included
- OpenSSH is running on port 22
- Electra repo added by default
- Substitute, Tweak Loader and Substrate Compatibility Layer available from Electra repo
- Many packages need to be updated for both Electra and iOS 11 (make sure they’re updated before installing as they may not work yet)
- RocketBootstrap 1.0.6 or higher is required for use on iOS 11
- Many apps, launch daemons and installation binaries are broken as they require entitlements to be added
*Content Credit Goes to – coolstar.org
Electra Jailbreak Support and Compatibility
It supports the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2
It does not support the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1
It supports all iOS 11 compatible iOS devices:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 1st generation 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad
5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
How to install Electra jailbreak on your iPhone or iPad.
Before You Begin :
- Backup your iOS device up using iTunes and /or iCloud
- Make sure you have a fully charged battery
- Jailbreak without PC is also possible. Check Electra Jailbreak without PC below.
Zeejb-Team has found easiest online method to install this Electra IPA online to any iPhone / iPad
iOS 11.4.1 & iOS 11.4 ElectraPC Required Guide
Step 01 – Download the Cydia Impactor and the Electra1141 IPA to your device using below links.
Step 02 – Run the Cydia Impactor and drag the Electra 1141 IPA into it. Make sure to connect your device with the computer.
Step 03 – Provide your Apple ID Email and Password to sideload the Electra app.
Step 04 – Go to device Settings –> General –> Profile & Device management to Trust the Electra app.
Step 05 – Disable Siri, Disable Passcode and keep your device AirPlane mode now.
Step 06 – Run the Electra app on your device. Restart your device for several times, before starting the jailbreak as a trick. Then click on the jailbreak button and wait for a few seconds.
Step 07 – Finally Cydia will be added on your iOS 11.4 / iOS 11.4.1 device homescreen.
You should see Cydia on your home screen and can now use it for all your apps and tweaks. If you do not see Cydia, repeat these steps – in some cases, it has been known for it to take a few attempts for a successful installation. You can now disable Airplane mode, enable Siri again and start using your device as normal.